(Last Updated On: December 17, 2013)
Last year, Patagonia books were kind enough to allow us to do a free book giveaway. They have graciously offered to give away another book this year to one of our lucky readers.
How do I enter to win this book?
To enter, just do one of the following three things:
1. If you aren’t already a Facebook fan of ours, simply “like” us on our Facebook page. Already a fan? Share this contest on Facebook.
2. Not a Facebook person? Follow us on Twitter
3. Don’t like Facebook or Twitter? Just leave a comment on this post to be entered. Don’t worry, we won’t start spamming your email address or anything like that…
This years giveaway is for one of Patagonia’s newest books: The newly released linen-bound hardcover Climbing Fitz Roy, 1968: Reflections on the Lost Photos of the Third Ascent retails for $35.
Through rare photos and personal essays, Climbing Fitz Roy, 1968 tells the tale of a six-month excursion to Patagonia, Chile, that changed the lives of five rock climbers dubbed the “Funhogs”—Yvon Chouinard (founder of Patagonia), Doug Tompkins (founder of The North Face/Esprit), Dick Dorworth, Chris Jones and Lito Tejada-Flores. The 1968 Fitz Roy climb would impact the environmental movement and outdoor industry for years to come.
I recently received this book, and it is a book that begs to be left out and handled, rather than put on a book shelf. It’s simply beautiful. It is filled with photos, and given the era, it really puts the reader into the time and space of this climb. If you are looking for a Christmas present, it’s well worth the look.
We will select a winner on Christmas day– Merry Christmas to one of our readers! We will stop taking entries at midnight on Christmas Eve, and randomly select a winner after that. Good luck to all!
Latest posts by Frank Konsella (see all)
- Bluebird Backcountry Ski Area - February 14, 2020
- Gear Review: Smith 4D MAG Goggles - January 6, 2020
- Gear Review: LEKI Tour Stick Vario Carbon Ski Poles - December 9, 2019