(Last Updated On: October 27, 2014)
We have been hard at work creating a new resource for you! Specifically, it’s a resource to help you find out more about backcountry skiing in Crested Butte.
On this page, you will find a number of resources to help you find out more about backcountry skiing in Crested Butte. Those resources include:
- Links to avalanche forecasting websites & training centers
- List of popular areas in the CB backcountry with descriptions
- Various trip reports associated with each area listed
- Links to more information like the Crested Butte Off-Piste Ski Atlas & our Gothic Area backcountry skiing guide
While the goal of this resource is to help people find their way in the Crested Butte backcountry, this page is not intended to be the be-all end-all guide to backcountry skiing in Crested Butte. This is not a step-by-step guide telling you exactly where to go and a exactly how to get there. It’s there to get people started on where to go and where to find some of the best resources out there in the Crested Butte area. You will find that most of what we have listed on this resource is in-line with Andy Sovick’s Crested Butte Off-Piste Ski Atlas. If you’re looking for information on peaks/areas in the CB area that are not listed on this page, you might just find it by doing a simple search on our website 🙂
Here’s to another winter ahead. Play it safe. And let’s hope that the snow flies soon!
Latest posts by Brittany Walker Konsella (see all)
- Mount Buckskin (17 May 2020) - May 28, 2020
- Horseshoe Ski (14 May 2020) – The mountain whose journey nearly killed me - May 27, 2020
- Sayres X-Rated Ski (10 May 2020) - May 19, 2020